As every new (and old) mom knows; new baby = no sleep. Heck, you could be one year in and still on permanent night duty! So I have decided to compile a list of five beauty products to help mask the symptoms of a non-alcohol related sleepless night.
- Eye cream – Often an expensive item but in my opinion most definitely worth the investment. I couldn’t survive without it. (Well I could but then I would look like I’d done a few rounds with Conor McGregor every morning.) A quick slick takes you from zombified-panda to wide-eyed cheerleader in an instant. At the moment I’m loving this one: – http://www.clinique.co.uk/product/4323/39657/Just-Arrived/Pep-Start-Eye-Cream
- Concealer – If you don’t have time for any other product this should be your number one. A pink-based concealer will mask dark circles while a yellow-base will brighten around the eye area. In other words – go into MAC and ask for a NW shade to shake the panda look and an NC colour to bring you back to life. You wont regret it. http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/13844/314/Products/Makeup/Face/Concealer/Studio-Finish-SPF-35-Concealer3.
- Coffee – Technically not a beauty product but definitely deserves its place on this list. The elixir of life for moms worldwide. I am the epiphany of the slogan “instant human just add coffee” and so I have visited an extensive number of coffee shops and jaunts across Dublin and London. I’ll write a post soon on my top ones to visit but in the meantime I’ve linked below a couple I would recommend to obtain your daily fix. http://eathosdublin.com/ http://www.ottolenghi.co.uk/belgravia/
- Beauty Balm – I was sceptical at first to see if any of these products actually worked. I had tried plenty of variations of BB and CC creams in the past and was suitably unimpressed so when products without any coverage or pigment became popular I required some encouragement. Once I tried one though I was hooked. Instantly my face was refreshed and I gained back some of my long forgotten “pregnancy glow”. Use alone to fake the fresh faced look or under make-up for added radiance. http://www.boots.ie/en/Clarins-Beauty-Flash-Balm-50ml_7316/
- Highlighter – Contouring and highlighting is all the rage right now but if beautifying time is limited, which it almost always is when you have a young child, you need to skip the sculpting and go straight to the good stuff. Mac’s strobe cream is my secret weapon. Start with a generous layer of this super-light moisturiser and you’re sure to have a great day. Next I highlight my cheekbones, arches of my eyebrows and corners of my eyes with Benefit’s “Girl Meets Pearl” luminzer. http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/13824/364/Products/Skincare/Moisturizers/Strobe-Cream https://www.benefitcosmetics.com/uk/en-gb/product/girl-meets-pearl
And hey presto – I am transformed to a cheery, glimmering goddess in five easy steps! (Well, not quite. But at least by now hopefully I look like I haven’t left half my face on the pillow.)